All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this exciting new volume several leading researchers use settlement ecology, an emerging approach to the study of archaeological settlements, to examine the spatial arrangement of prehistoric settlement patterns across the Americas. Positioned at the intersection of geography, human ecology, anthropology, ecomics and archaeology, this diverse collection showcases successful applications of the settlement ecology approach in archaeological studies and also discusses associated techniques such as GIS, remote sensing and statistical and modeling applications. Using these methodological advancements the contributors investigate the specific social, cultural and environmental factors which mediated the placement and arrangement of different sites. Of particular relevance to scholars of landscape and settlement archaeology, Settlement Ecology of the Ancient Americas provides fresh insights t only into past societies, but also present and future populations in a rapidly changing world.
- Author BiographyLucas C. Kellett is Assistant Professor of Anthropology at the University of Maine at Farmington, USA. Eric E. Jones is Assistant Professor in the Department of Anthropology at Wake Forest University, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/09/2016
- Series TitleRoutledge Archaeology of the Ancient Americas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note26 black & white tables
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byEric Jones,Lucas C. Kellett
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.