All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany of the early Valley of Virginia settlers resided on or near the Long Grey Trail, and the author brings the full weight of his acumen to bear on the Valley settlements, more especially on that part of Augusta County later formed into Rockingham. There was perhaps family more intimately associated with the early history of Rockingham County than the Harrisons and their connections, the county seat itself being named for one of them. Appropriately, then, this work sets forth a detailed genealogy of the Harrisons of Augusta and their Harrison cousins throughout Virginia and in large parts of the United States and Britain. The author also traces the ancestry of about 50 other families who settled in this area, as well as provides articles on colonial and Indian wars and the Revolution, documentary accounts of political upheaval and transition, analyses of Virginia Valley migrations, including German, Scotch-Irish, and Pennsylvanian migrations, and sketches of early churches, militia, and courts.
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight814 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.