Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionSince they had told him that he was the seven billionth child born on earth and since he was at that age when everything is taken seriously, he could t get those words 'seven billionth' and 'world' out of his head and he did t really kw if he was the number or the world or even both. Anyway, he opened up his eyes and took at heart the numbers and facts of the world.
- Author BiographyAnna Russo born in Naples, Italy, her debut as a writer partly came about after she received a major literary prize for travel writing: The Next Generation. As a result of the grant she lived for twelve years in southern France where she became close to the gypsies, particularly two of the grand families of Reyes and Baliardo. From this research and collaboration, she wrote two important books, Gitani si nasce e si diventa (We Are Born and We Become Gypsies) and El Cante Flamenco (The Flamenco Song), which received support from the Spanish Consulate in Italy and by the Cervantes Cultural Institute. Her meeting with the publisher Salani generated another book, La bambina Babilonia (The Girl Babilonia), which received great success and was awarded numerous prizes. Following this success, she signed with Einaudi Ragazzi, one of the most respected publishers in Italy. Her new writing includes Pao alla conquista del mondo (Pao Conqueror of the World), published in 2006, and Un fratello nei cornflakes (A Brother in Cereals), to be published in February 2007[dated info] by Einaudi Ragazzi. They represent a decisive turn in the poetics and direction of this author. She lives in Rome. In 2008 she published Ibrahim, il bambino del campo (Ibrahim, a Boy in the Field). In 2009 she published Il baffo del dittatore with Mursia editore. In 2010 Caro Hamid, fratello lontano won the Stefany Gay-Tache Award. In 2010 she published Chuang Tse and the first Emperor with Alacran editore.
- Author(s)Anna/A Russo
- Date of Publication11/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.