Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the midst of a fearsome blizzard, a weary traveler seeks refuge from the cold. Good evening, Father, I'm so glad I found you. Would you, by any chance, have a room where I could spend the night? Oh, said the old man. I'm t the father of the house, You'll have to ask my father. He's around back, in the kitchen. And so the travler is sent on a journey within his journey, arriving at a surprising destination.Ashley Ramsden's eloquent retelling of a Norwegian folktale is handsomely complemented by Caldecott Medalist Ed Young's masterful cut paper collages in this unusual and haunting book, Seven Fathers.
- Author BiographyAshley Ramsden is the founding director of the School of Storytelling in Sussex England, and co-author with Nancy Mellon of the award-winning book Body Eloquence: The Power of Myth and Story to Awaken the Body's Energies. Ashley travels the world with his acclaimed performances and workshops.A Caldecott Medalist and two-time Caldecott Honor Book artist, Ed Young has also been twice nominated for the Hans Christian Andersen Award. He most recently wrote and illustrated Hook, about which Kirkus, in a starred review, said, arresting and absorbing, this tale soars. Born in Tientsin, China, and brought up in Shanghai, he now lives with his family in Hastings-on-Hudson, New York.
- PublisherRoaring Brook Press
- Date of Publication12/04/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoaring Brook Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width263 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ed Young
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,Picture book,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.