All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver 2,000 years ago, ancient Greek scholars named seven of the most wondrous monuments to civilization, including the Pyramids of Egypt and Statue of Zeus at Olympia. Through the centuries these treasures were kwn as the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Because all but the Egyptian pyramids have been lost to the ravages of time, a new list of seven wonders was established in 2007. These monuments, including Machu Picchu in Peru and the Great Wall of China, symbolize the creativity and ingenuity of human civilization. Seven Wonders of the World introduces kids ages 9--12 to the seven wonders on the original list and the seven wonders on the new list. Learning about these icons of world culture offers opportunities to discover amazing civilizations, techlogical invations, and our shared world heritage. Sidebars, fun trivia, and entertaining illustrations break up the text, making it easily accessible and engaging, while hands-on projects encourage active learning.
- Author BiographyCarmella Van Vleet is a former teacher and the author of Amazing Arctic & Antarctic Projects You Can Build Yourself, Seven Wonders, Explore Ancient Greece!, Explore Ancient Egypt!, Explore Ancient Rome!, How to Avoid School Snafus, Writing Club, and Writing Club II. She lives in Lewis Center, Ohio. Farah Rizvi is a graphic designer and an illustrator. She moved to the United States in 2000 and received her bachelor's degree in graphic design with a concentration in French from Colby-Sawyer College.
- Author(s)Carmella Van Vleet
- PublisherNomad Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectNovelty & Activity Books
- Series TitleBuild it Yourself
- Place of PublicationWhite River Junction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNomad Press
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations 50 line drawings, 25 diagrams & 10 maps
- Weight480 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Farah Rizvi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.