All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
About this product
- DescriptionA heartwarming story of an unbreakable friendship formed between two Games Makers at the fever pitch of the London Olympics. Francesca Hartford is fearful about volunteering at the London 2012 Olympics - her husband, Donald, has just died and her pillar of support and encouragement has gone with him. Determined to carry on without Donald, Francesca forces herself to volunteer alone. During her early shifts, she meets fellow Games Maker Jessica, a bolshy student who is extrovert, outspoken and overpowering. But the more time that Francesca spends with her, the more she realises that Jessica is suffering from loss too. As Olympic fever spreads across the nation, Francesca and Jessica get swept up in the euphoria, developing an unlikely bond that will last forever. Set against the backdrop of the most famous British sporting event, Seventeen Gifts for Frannie and Jess beautifully demonstrates how such events can unite a nation. This book will appeal to readers who enjoy stories of enduring friendship, as well as those inspired by the Olympics or those simply looking forward to Rio 2016.
- Author BiographyNasser Hashmi is an award-winning writer who has worked in local and national journalism for many years. As the author of Season of Sid, Wacko Hacko and A Fistful of Dust, Nasser now writes full-time.
- Author(s)Nasser Hashmi
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.