All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn indispensable and distinctive book that will help anyone who wants to write, write better, or have a clearer understanding of what it means for them to be writing, from widely admired writer and teacher Verlyn Klinkenborg. Klinkenborg believes that most of our received wisdom about how writing works is t only wrong but an obstacle to our ability to write. In Several Short Sentences About Writing, he sets out to help us unlearn that wisdom about genius, about creativity, about writer s block, topic sentences, and outline and understand that writing is just as much about thinking, ticing, and learning what it means to be involved in the act of writing. There is gospel, orthodoxy, dogma in this book. Instead it is a gathering of starting points in a journey toward lively, lucid, satisfying self-expression.
- Author BiographyVerlyn Klinkenborg is a member of the editorial board of TheNew York Times, to which he also contributes meditations about his farm in upstate New York, collected in The Rural Life. His other books include Making Hay, The Last Fine Time, and Timothy; or, Notes of an Abject Reptile. Klinkenborg has a Ph.D. in English literature from Princeton University.
- Author(s)Verlyn Klinkenborg
- PublisherVintage Books
- Date of Publication09/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight245 g
- Width131 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.