All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA repositioning of French women's struggle for suffrage within the distinct cultural landscape of the masculine hour system. Whether activists demanded admission to the popular ritual of the duel or publicly shamed men for their extramarital sexual behaviour, they appropriated extralegal hour codes to enact new civic and familial identities.
- Author BiographyANDREA MANSKER is Associate Professor of History at Sewanee: University of the South, USA. She recently contributed to the volume edited by Elinor Accampo and Christopher E. Forth, Confronting Modernity in Fin-de-Siecle France: Bodies, Minds and Gender (2010).
- Author(s)Andrea Mansker
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleGenders and Sexualities in History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight615 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.