All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis selection, spanning six decades, traces the development of a new political perspective that would set out to redefine traditional views of the class struggle. James' starting point was the millions of unwaged women who, despite working at home and on land, were t seen as 'workers'. For her, the class struggle is the the conflict between the reproduction of the human race and the domination of a exploitative, detructive and war driven market. This lucid and jargon free read springs from the author's urgent need to find a better way forward.
- Author BiographySelma James is the founder of the International Wages for Housework Campaign and helped launch the Global Women's Strike. She is the author of numerous publications, including The Power of Women and the Subversion of Community, Strangers and Sisters, and Wageless of the World. Marcus Rediker is a professor of Atlantic history at the University of Pittsburgh. He is the author of Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, The Many-Headed Hydra, and Villains of All Nations. He lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Nina Lopez is an author and joint coordinator of the Global Women's Strike. She is the coauthor of The Milk of Human Kindness.
- Author(s)Selma James
- PublisherPM Press
- Date of Publication19/04/2012
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPM Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.