All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe trafficking of persons has frequently been described as a modern or Twenty-First Century form of slavery. According to the Department of State, the U.S. government considers trafficking in persons to include all of the criminal conduct involved in forced labor and sex trafficking. Under the TVPA, trafficking in persons does t require actual movement of the victim. It is the many forms of enslavement that lay at the heart of human trafficking. Individuals may be trafficking victims regardless of whether they once consented, participated in a crime as a direct result of being trafficked, were transported in the exploitative situation, or were simply born into a state of servitude. This book discusses the gender-based civil right violations and provides proposals from the 114th Congress to amend the criminal laws of sex trafficking.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight488 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edited byJoyce Fuller
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.