All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines issues of sex and society in early twentieth-century Spain, and does so by using a specific case history, namely that of Hildegart Rodriguez (19141933) who came to be one of the central players in the Spanish chapter of the World League for Sexual Reform (WLSR). In all its diversity and with all its inbuilt contradictions the movement provides the complex backcloth for understanding the nature and activity of Hildegart, while her life in its turn demonstrates how the divers strands of the movement led to paradox and conflict. In addition to this Hildegart's correspondence with the English sexologist Havelock Ellis provides a unique base of evidence for understanding the WLSR in Spain and its links with similar movements elsewhere in Europe.
- Author BiographyAlison Sinclair is Professor of Modern Spanish Literature and Intellectual History at Clare College Cambridge.
- Author(s)Alison Sinclair
- PublisherUniversity of Wales Press
- Date of Publication16/05/2007
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleIberian and Latin American Studies
- Place of PublicationWales
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Wales Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.