All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionA HIGHLY ORIGINAL MURDER MYSTERY NOVEL WRITTEN IN AN ENTIRELY EPISTOLARY FORMAT Turtle Point Press's first murder mystery is a vel in the form of letters written by Wynn O'Leary to his brother Joel, a bop trumpet player who died of a heroin overdose. The author of this witty and unabashedly politically incorrect vel is a professor in the English department of Columbia University, where some of the sex and all of the violence happens. It's an enclosed world with its own customs and denizens. The time is the late 80s. Cultural theory and gender politics reign supreme, smoking is still permitted in the cafeteria and - unfortunately for O'Leary - Viagra is but a twinkle in a scientist's eye...
- Author BiographyGeorge Stade teaches at Columbia University. He has had numerous scholarly articles published in many journals, including Partisan Review, Harpers, New Republic, Paris Review and New York Times Book Review. He also works as a consulting editor for Barnes & Noble Classics and is the author of Lady Killer. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)George Stade
- PublisherTurtle Point Press
- Date of Publication10/06/2005
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationChappaqua
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtle Point Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight707 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.