All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSexual Offending and Mental Health draws together theoretical, clinical and mental health issues for the range of professionals working in the community and in-patient settings with sex offenders and those who have behaved in sexually inappropriate ways. The contributors describe current influential models of sexual offending and the developmental, psychological and social factors involved. They discuss the prevalence of personality and mental disorders in kwn sex offenders and the impact these disorders have on their treatment and management. They describe clinical work with individuals, their partners and families, and also consider the impact of this work on professionals. The book includes an outline of current approaches to risk assessment, an overview of the recent changes in legislation in England and Wales, and suggestions for multi-disciplinary management in the community. This book will be essential reading for professionals working in health or criminal justice settings with people who have committed sexual offences or whose sexual behaviour has caused concern for others.
- Author BiographyJulia Houston is a Consultant Clinical and Forensic Psychologist at the Forensic Mental Health Services, Shaftesbury Clinic in London, UK, and Team Leader of the Sex Offender Service. She has published previously in this area and is the author of Making Sense with Offenders: Personal Constructs, Therapy and Change (Wiley, 1998). Sarah Galloway is a Forensic Community Psychiatric Nurse and Lead Nurse with the Sex Offender Service, Forensic Mental Health Services, Shaftesbury Clinic, London, UK. She led the development and implementation of a psycho-educative group for partners of sex offenders. She is also attached to Kingston University as an Honorary Lecturer.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication11/04/2008
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleForensic Focus
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byJulia C. Houston,Sarah Galloway
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.