All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume offers an invaluable resource for both social work educators and practitioners working with gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (GLBT) clients and their families. It is the first such work to specifically address issues affecting bisexual and transgender people as well as the larger concerns of the GLBT community. Contributors present specific, practical suggestions for effective kwledge-based and skills-based practice with GLBT clients. Topics include heterosexism and homophobia, identity development, coming out, GLBT adolescents and older adults, health-care concerns, relationships and families, workplace issues, the history of the GLBT civil rights movement, sex reassignment, AIDS, and the role of spirituality in the lives of GLBT individuals. The contributors also consider intragroup issues of race, ethnicity, age, and socioecomic status.
- Author BiographyDeana F. Morrow, PhD, LPC, LCSW, ACSW, is an Associate Professor of Social Work at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, South Carolina. She received her doctorate in Counselor Education from North Carolina State University, the Master of Social Work Degree and a graduate level Certificate of Gerontology from the University of Georgia, and a Master's Degree in Counseling from Western Carolina University. Dr. Morrow teaches micro and mezzo practice courses at both the graduate and undergraduate levels. Her practice background is in clinical practice in the fields of mental health, aging, and healthcare. Her research focus is in the areas of social work practice with sexual minority populations and social work education. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor and a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of North Carolina, and a member of the Academy of Certified Social Workers at the national level. She holds memberships in the National Association of Social Workers and the Council on Social Work Education where she holds a national appointment to the Council on Sexual Orientation and Gender Expression. She is also a member of the Educators and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, sponsored by the Social Worker Baccalaureate Program Directors Association. In addition, Dr. Morrow holds a gubernatorial appointment to the North Carolina Social Work Certification and Licensure Board. She is also a Certified Site Visitor for the reaccreditation of social work education programs through the Council on Social Work Education.Lori Messinger (Ph.D., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill) is an Assistant Professor in the school of social work at North Carolina State University. She, too, has written several journal articles on gay and lesbian issues and rural social work.
- Author(s)Deana F. Morrow,Lori Messinger
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication30/12/2005
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight862 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byDeana F. Morrow,Lori Messinger
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.