All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionSexual rhetoric is the self-conscious and critical engagement with discourses of sexuality that exposes both their naturalization and their queering, their torquing to create different or counter-discourses, giving voice and agency to multiple and complex sexual experiences. This volume explores the intersection of rhetoric and sexuality through the varieties of methods available in the fields of rhetoric and writing studies, including case studies, theoretical questioning, ethgraphies, or close (and distant) readings of texts that help us think through the rhetorical force of sexuality and the sexual force of rhetoric.
- Author BiographyJonathan Alexander is Professor of English, Education, and Gender & Sexuality Studies at the University of California, Irvine, USA where he was the founding Director of the Center for Excellence in Writing and Communication. Jacqueline Rhodes is Professor of English at California State University, San Bernardino, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/10/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Rhetoric and Communication
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJacqueline Rhodes,Jonathan Alexander
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.