All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book has received the AESA (American Educational Studies Association) Critics Choice Award 2013. With germinal texts, new writings, and related art, Sexualities in Education: A Reader illuminates a broad scope of analysis and organization. Composed of a framing essay and nine sections edited by established and emerging scholars and addressing critical topics for researchers and students of sexualities and education, the text provides a timely overview of sexualities considered through a variety of educational lenses and theoretical frameworks. Threads woven throughout include visual, literary, and performing arts; youth perspectives; and an emphasis on justice work in education. The volume provides entry points for students and practitioners at a range of levels. Research-based articles, essays, interviews, poetry and ready-to-reproduce visual materials from the Americas, Europe, and Asia are linked to a resource section to facilitate deep learning, on-going investigation, and informed action.
- Author BiographyErica R. Meiners is a Professor of Education and Women's Studies at Northeastern Illinois University. Therese Quinn is Associate Professor and Chair of Art Education at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2012
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number367
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight870 g
- Width175 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byErica R. Meiners,Therese M. Quinn
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.