All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is intended to educate the primary health care provider about sexually transmitted and related diseases as they present in homosexually active men. But why a book discussing sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in this population only? Surely STDs are t limited to homosexual males. The relatively high rates of incidence of many of these diseases among homosexually active men, however, and the large number of associated diagstic and treatment problems have necessitated the collection into one volume of the information that is par- ticularly relevant to the primary health care of this population. A book dealing with current trends in the diagsis and treatment of sexual diseases can, by nature of the task, be neither encyclopedic r all-encompassing. In this volume, the choice of disease entities and the amount of material included on each are based on consideration of the amount of current information and the relative degree of uniqueness of a given problem in homosexual men, rather than the absolute frequency of the disease. There is, therefore, a considerable amount of material on hepatitis B and gococcal infections, reflecting the recent explosion of research and clinical investigation in these two areas. In contrast, little is said about nspecific urethritis, chancroid, and lymphogranuloma ve- nereum. In the case of nspecific urethritis, although it is extremely common in homosexual men, little progress has been made in diagsis or therapy.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/02/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight436 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byDavid G. Ostrow
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1983
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.