All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge Plimpton makes his riskiest foray into participatory journalism--stepping into the ring against a champion boxer--in SHADOW BOX, w repackaged and including never-before-seen content from the Plimpton archives. Stepping into the ring against light-heavyweight champion Archie Moore, George Plimpton pauses to wonder what ever induced him to become a participatory journalist. Bloodied but unbowed, he holds his own in the bout--and lives to tell, in this timeless book on boxing and its devotees, among them Ali, Joe Frazier, Ernest Hemingway, and Norman Mailer. SHADOW BOX is one of Plimpton's most engaging studies of professional sport, told through the eyes of an inquisitive and astute amateur. From the gym, the locker room, ringside, and even in the harsh glare of the ring itself, Plimpton documents what it is like to be a boxer, an artist of mayhem.
- Author BiographyGeorge Plimpton (1927-2003) was the bestselling author and editor of nearly thirty books, as well as the cofounder, publisher, and editor of the Paris Review. He wrote regularly for such magazines as Sports Illustrated and Esquire, and he appeared numerous times in films and on television.
- Author(s)George Plimpton
- PublisherLittle Brown and Company
- Date of Publication26/04/2016
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle Brown and Company
- Weight454 g
- Width142 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Foreword byMike Lupica
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.