Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe shadow ecomy is widespread, accounting for around one tenth of ecomic activity in the UK and over one quarter of ecomic activity in some European countries. Nevertheless, the subject gets little attention, partly because of the difficulty of collecting reliable data. This publication, by two leading international researchers in this field, provides a comprehensive survey of the topic. It examines the size, the causes and possible solutions to the problem of widespread shadow ecomic activity. The mograph is international in scope, covering t just the OECD but also less developed countries. The authors assess the main methods of calculating the size of the shadow ecomy. They then examine the relationship between the extent of such ecomic activity and the level of taxes, regulation and the legal and institutional framework. These issues are found to be crucial in understanding how to tackle the problem. Practical policy proposals are also made by the authors.
- Author BiographyFriedrich Schneider has been a professor of economics at Johannes Kepler University in Linz, Austria for 27 years. He is the former European editor of Public Choice and has published extensively in leading economics journals, including the American Economic Review, the Economic Journal, and the Quarterly Journal of Economics. Colin C. Williams is a professor of public policy and the director of the Inter-Disciplinary Centre of the Social Sciences at the University of Sheffield.
- Author(s)Colin C. Williams,Friedrich Sneider
- PublisherInstitute of Economic Affairs
- Date of Publication17/05/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInstitute of Economic Affairs
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.