Shadow Type: Classic Three-Dimensional Lettering by Steven Heller, Louise Fili (Hardback, 2013)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBold, monumental, atmospheric, architectural letters with relief and shadow define great periods of confidence and optimism. Shadows add intrigue and spectacle to otherwise mundane words. And they're back in style. Drawn from a particularly rich period in the history of shadow type, from the 19th to the mid-20th century, this is the first compilation of popular, rare and forgotten three-dimensional letters from Germany, France, Britain, Italy and the United States, where the best examples were produced. Presented in compact form, with examples from some 300 sources compiled by the leading historian of graphic design, this lively publication, packed full of typographic ideas for any purpose, will amuse, enchant and inspire anyone aiming to impart depth to their design.
- Author BiographySteven Heller is cochair of the MFA Design Department at the School of Visual Arts and the author of numerous books, including our bestselling Typography Sketchbooks. Louise Fili is principal of Louise Fili Ltd, a New York City-based design studio specializing in logos, food packaging, restaurant identities and books. She was inducted into the Art Directors Club Hall of Fame in 2004, and is author of the best-selling Elegantissima.
- Author(s)Louise Fili,Steven Heller
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2013
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note240 illustrations, 220 in colour
- Weight1330 g
- Width181 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.