All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first-ever compilation of shadow typefaces is w available in paperback. Letters with relief and shadow have long been an effective way to add spectacle or intrigue to otherwise mundane words. Shadow Type presents a broad spectrum of examples advertising, shop signs, billboards, posters, type-specimen books drawn from the nineteenth to the mid-twentieth century, a particularly rich period in the history of shadow type. Compiled by the leading historian of graphic design, Steven Heller, and rewned graphic designer Louise Fili, this invaluable collection, packed full of typographic ideas, will inspire anyone aiming to give more depth to their design.
- Author BiographySteven Heller is co chair of the MFA Design Department at the School of Visual Arts and the author of numerous books, including our bestselling Typography Sketchbooks. Louise Fili is director of Louise Fili Ltd, a New York based design studio specializing in logo, package, restaurant, and book design. Formerly senior designer for Herb Lubalin, Louise Fili was art director of Pantheon Books from 1978 to 1989, where she designed close to 2000 book jackets. Fili has taught and lectured on graphic design and typography, and her work is in the permanent collections of the Library of Congress, the Cooper Hewitt Museum, and the BibliothFque Nationale. She is a member of the Art Directors Hall of Fame, and received the medal of lifetime achievement from the AIGA. Fili is the author of Elegantissima, published by Princeton Architectural Press. She has also written The Civilized Shopper's Guide to Florence and co-authored Italianissimo. With her husband, the design historian Steven Heller, she is co-author of Italian Art Deco, British Modern, Dutch Moderne, Streamline, French Modern, Deco Espana, German Modern, Design Connoisseur, Counter Culture, Typology, Stylepedia, Euro Deco, Scripts, and Shadow Type.
- Author(s)Steven Heller
- PublisherPrinceton Architectural Press
- Date of Publication16/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Architectural Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1197 g
- Width172 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.