All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContrary to its contemporary image, deniable covert operations are t something new. Such activities have been ordered by every president and every administration since the Second World War. In many instances covert operations have relied on surrogates, with American personnel involved only at a distance, insulated by layers of deniability. Shadow Warfare traces the evolution of these covert operations, detailing the tactics and tools used from the Truman era through those of the contemporary Obama Administrations. It also explores the personalities and careers of many of the most ted shadow warriors of the past sixty years, tracing the decade-long relationship between the CIA and the military. Shadow Warfare presents a balanced, n-polemic exploration of American secret warfare, detailing its patterns, consequences and collateral damage and presenting its successes as well as failures. Shadow Wars explores why every president from Franklin Roosevelt on, felt compelled to turn to secret, deniable military action. It also delves into the political dynamic of the president's relationship with Congress and the fact that despite decades of combat, the U.S. Congress has chosen t to exercise its responsibility to declare a single state of war - even for extended and highly visible combat.
- Author BiographyLarry Hancock graduated from the University of New Mexico with a triple major in anthropology, history, and education. He has worked on a variety of historical research projects, including November Patriots and Someone Would Have Talked. He lives in Oklahoma. Stuart Wexler graduated from Tulane University with a degree in history. He now lives and teaches high school in New Jersey, where he won the prestigious James Madison Teachers' Fellowship in 2010. Together with Hancock, he co-write The Awful Grace of God.
- Author(s)Larry Hancock,Stuart Wexler
- Date of Publication03/04/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight942 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.