All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.30
About this product
- DescriptionIn a remote mountain academy, the politically expendable younger sons of the Great Houses study for an extraordinary task. Most will fail, some will die, but the reward for the dedicated few is great: mastery of the andat, and the rank of Poet. Thanks to these men - part sorcerers, part scholars - the great city-states of the Khaiem enjoy wealth and power beyond measure, and the greatest of them all is Saraykeht: glittering jewel of the Summer Cities. There are those in the world, however, who envy such wealth. There are great riches to be had in the Summer and Winter Cities, and only the threat of the andat unleashed holds the enemies of the Khaiem in check. Conflict is brewing in the world. Alliances will be broken and friends betrayed. The lowly will be raised up, the mighty will fall and incents will be slaughtered. And two men, bound to each other by an act of kindness and an act of brutality, may be all that stands between the civilised world and war. War and something worse ...
- Author BiographyDaniel Abraham's short stories have been nominated for the Nebula award and included in Gardner Dozois's Year's Best Science Fiction anthology. He lives in New Mexico with his wife and daughter.
- Author(s)Daniel Abraham
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication21/01/2010
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleThe Long Price
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notemaps
- Weight425 g
- Width126 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.