Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.37Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.00+ AU $13.80 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by suzyqnot
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNumbered 18 in David Weber's multiple-bestselling Hor Harrington series! Michelle Henke, Queen Elizabeth of Manticore's first cousin, Hor Harrington's best friend, and the commanding officer of Manticore's Tenth Fleet, is just a bit surprised when a messenger arrives from the Mobius System to inform her that the Mobius Liberation Front is prepared to rise in rebellion against the hated regime President Svein Lombroso. She can understand why anyone would want to rebel against someone like Lombroso, but why tell her about it? After all, she has problems of her own, like the mir matter of a life-or-death war against the Solarian League. Michelle has just handed the invincible Solarian League Navy the most humiliating, one-sided defeat in its entire almost thousand-year history in defense of the people of the Star Empire's Talbott Quadrant. But the League is the most powerful star nation in the history of humanity. Its navy is going to be back - and this time with thousands of superdreadughts! Yet she also kws scores of other star systems - some independent, some controlled by puppet regimes, and some simply conquered outright by the Solarian Office of Frontier Security - lie in the League's grip along its frontier with the Talbott Quadrant. As combat spreads from the initial confrontation, the entire frontier has begun to seethe with unrest, and Michelle sympathizes with the oppressed populations wanting only to be free of their hated masters. And that puts her in something of a quandary when the messenger from Mobius arrives, because someone's obviously gotten a wrong number. According to him, the Mobians' uprising has been carefully planned to coordinate with a powerful outside ally: the Star Empire of Manticore. Only Manticore - and Mike Henke - have never even heard of the Mobius Liberation Front!
- Author BiographyWith over seven million copies of his books in print and seventeen titles on the New York Times bestseller list, David Weber is the science fiction publishing phenomenon of the new millennium. In the hugely popular Honor Harrington series, the spirit of C.S. Forester s Horatio Hornblower and Patrick O Brian s Master and Commander lives on into the galactic future. Books in the Honor Harrington series have appeared on seventeen best seller lists, including those of The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and USA Today. While Weber is best known for his spirited, modern-minded space operas, he is also the creator of the Oath of Swords fantasy series and the Dahak science fiction saga. Weber has also engaged in a steady stream of bestselling collaborations, including his Starfire series with Steve White, which produced the New York Times bestseller The Shiva Option among others. Weber s collaboration with alternate history master Eric Flint led to the bestselling 1634: The Baltic War, and his planetary adventure novels with military science fiction ace and multiple national best-seller John Ringo includes the blockbusters March to the Stars and We Few.Finally, Weber s teaming with Linda Evans produced the bestsellingMultiverse series. David Weber makes his home in South Carolina with his wife and children.
- Author(s)David Weber
- PublisherBaen Books
- Date of Publication19/03/2013
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaen Books
- Weight612 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine41 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.