All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionShadows Covering the Heart tells of the author's experiences as a prison chaplain at Oregon State Penitentiary. His accounts range from riots and fires to counseling men on death row. He also narrates unique experiences during World War II, where he served in the South Pacific. Rev. Concann grew up in a large family during the Great Depression, and managed to obtain an impressive number of degrees, despite a disinterested and hostile father. He has witnessed the power of the Holy Spirit to take away the shadows of despair and to transform the lives of men. The book goes far beyond the traditional concept of a memoir.
- Author BiographyNeil Concannon was born in Kansas in 1916, and grew up in Kansas City in the days of the Great Depression. He holds degrees in sociology, psychology, theology and pastoral counseling, and is a graduate of Harvard School of Army Chaplains. He has a daughter, Phyllis, and a son David. After a long career as a pastor in Kansas, prison chaplain, and army chaplain, he is now retired and lives in Eugene, Oregon.
- Author(s)Neil Concannon
- Date of Publication21/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.