Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionAlone, Nadia Green sits in the shadows of the trees. The almost full moon shines overhead and she's starting to shake. She's t sure if it's nerves or the temperature dropping on the mountain. She kws that her makeshift family is going to be worried sick about her, but she had to escape. It was only a matter of time before he came looking for her. She holds her legs close to her in hopes that it will keep her warm. As she looks to the right, she tices a pair of yellow eyes staring her down. Her heart begins to race and her spine begins to stiffen. The yellow eyes approach and she instantly becomes relaxed. The animal, a coyote, walks to her and sits beside her to keep her warm until help arrives. She nuzzles up to the coyote and whispers, Andrew, I love you. The coyote looks up with his moonlit golden eyes as if to say, 'I love you, too.' The vel Shadows features Nadia Green, the teen-aged granddaughter of Ellen Walker, a Cherokee Nation Elder in the mountains of North Carolina. Nadia has idea how far back her roots go with the Cherokee people but she soon learns after her grandmother dies and leaves the cabin to Nadia and her parents. She meets Andrew Swimmer and his father Tsali and soon after her life takes a dramatic turn. She comes face to face with the animals in her dreams and learns about the underlying betrayal that has taken place on the Reservation. Will Nadia be able to continue her grandmother's work to uncover the truth or will her days be numbered as her new found pack of friends work to keep her safe? Will she be able to embrace her heritage and be the hero her boyfriend kws she can be, or will she fall victim to the viciousness of the secrets that haunt the Reservation?
- Author BiographyElicia M. Seawell was born in South Carolina and is a mom to three children. She spent the majority of her career as a graphic artist but found that writing was her true passion. She started Shadows: The Story of the Kayouta in the summer of 2009 but put it on hold for two years while she attended college. She is a sophomore at Kaplan University and is majoring in Psychology. She is married to Michael Seawell and currently lives in Darlington, South Carolina.
- Author(s)Elicia M Seawell
- Date of Publication06/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.