All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Waring, in early 1940, soon after the outbreak of War, is posted as Medical Officer to an R.A.F. Bomber Station in Suffolk. As the nation, on the brink of disaster, battles for survival, new to the job he has to learn to cope with the turmoil all around him. But Peter has his own personal conflicts, a legacy of a turbulent adolescence, of family tensions and revelations, and w is confronted by new uncertainties. He is to have his own battles ahead. Covering mainly the period 1940 to 1941, it is the story of the men and women of the R.A.F., and of ordinary citizens, at a critical time in Britain's history. It is, too, a love story with numerous strands. And it is the story of how one man comes to understand his past, thereby learning to deal with the present and the future.
- Author BiographyDavid McMichael is a doctor. His family now grown up, his main leisure interests are writing, people, history, fell walking, the countryside and wildlife, and all forms of the arts. Having previously lived in London, he now lives on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales and in the Lake District.
- Author(s)David McMichael
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width156 mm
- Height243 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.