All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoel will soon be twelve, and he thinks thing's going on in the small community where he lives. But he's wrong. One day, a miracle happens. He's run over by a bus but somehow comes through it unscathed. He w believes he must repay the favor by doing a good deed. So he decides to find a husband for his friend, a young woman in town who is shy and lonely. He plans to find the best candidate for a husband, and then secretly bring them together, with neither one being the wiser. Even though his heart is in the right place, his plan backfires and his friend's feelings are hurt by the very person he thought would be best for her. Joel feels terrible and kws that he must confess to his elaborate scheme to ultimately make things right.
- Author BiographyHenning Mankell is the prizewinning and internationally acclaimed author of novels for both adults and young people. His adult books dominate bestseller lists throughout Europe. Born in a village in northern Sweden, Mankell divides his time between Sweden and Africa, where he works with AIDS-related charities. He is also director of Teatro Avenida in Maputo, Mozambique. Mankell's companion novels about Joel and his father are A Bridge to the Stars, When the Snow Fell, and Journey to the End of the World.
- Author(s)Henning Mankell
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight159 g
- Width136 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byLaurie Thompson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.35
- AU $43.23Trending at AU $43.98
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.