All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionThe greatest tragedy of Queen Victoria's reign... ...was the fate of over 100 women and children who were hacked to pieces with meat cleavers by the rebel forces of the Great Mutiny. Henry Booth remembers his early childhood in India and kws his mother was one of the victims of the infamous Cawnpore massacre. He has spent a quiet life in England trying to recover from the the nightmare of her death. But when Henry suddenly receives his mother's diary from Calcutta and learns the truths that it lays bare, everything the young Englishman believes is called into question. Pursued by the past, Henry goes from being a respectable Oxford student to being a hunted murderer, chased by police and a deadly cult of killers who want the secrets that lie hidden in his mother's diary. Along the way Henry falls in love with an Indian courtesan and is caught up in the Great Game, the power struggle between the British and Russian empires, the superpowers of the Victorian age. Henry must take sides and his life will never be the same. No matter what choice he makes, he will have to betray those closest to him.
- Author BiographyHistorical novelist with three titles. Before writing my first novel I had 30 years experience as a direct marketing and conventional advertising copywriter, graphic designer and fine artist. Created successful product as well as promotions. Currently creating and publishing ebooks and the ipad. For fifteen years I was the primary creative source (copy and design) for Nightingale-Conant Corporation, the largest self-improvement audio publisher in the world.
- Author(s)Dr Alan McKee
- PublisherHudson House Victorian Mysteries
- Date of Publication13/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHudson House Victorian Mysteries
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.