All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $9.75Trending at AU $19.10
- AU $8.82Trending at AU $15.46
- AU $10.52Trending at AU $16.80
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $25.00
- AU $10.08Trending at AU $11.27
- AU $7.44Trending at AU $12.15
About this product
- DescriptionFrom pizza shop to bora ground, here is a joyous celebration of food, dance and cultural understanding. When three young boys go to a pizza parlour and meet an Aboriginal chef who can speak Italian and make a deadly pizza, they're in for a surprise!
- Author BiographyBoori Monty Pryor was born in North Queensland. His father is from the Birrigubba of the Bowen region and his mother from Yarrabah (near Cairns), a descendant of the Kungganji. Boori is a multi-talented performer who has worked in film, television, modelling, sport, music and theatre. He is also an accomplished didgeridoo player who has performed with the Brisbane Symphony Orchestra and appeared in many schools. Boori has written several award-winning children's books with Meme McDonald including My Girragundji, The Binna Binna Man and Njunjul The Sun. His memoir Maybe Tomorrow was re-released in an anniversary edition in 2010 and its message for reconciliation is as relevant as ever. Shake a Leg evolved from pictures of his family dancing, which Boori showed Jan Ormerod, sparking a long and rewarding collaboration between him and Jan. Boori lives in Melbourne, but spends much of the year on the road. His stories are about finding strength within to deal with the challenges without, and his skill is to create positive visions of the future for both indigenous and white people. Boori Monty Pryor was Australia's Children's Laureate in 2012 and 2013. Jan Ormerod grew up in Western Australia, and as a child she was constantly drawing. After becoming a mother, Jan turned to children's book illustration. Her first book, Sunshine, won awards around the world. She has since had over 50 books published, including Moonlight, Lizzie Nonsense and Water Witcher.
- Author(s)Boori Monty Pryor,Jan Ormerod
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2010
- ImprintAllen & Unwin Children's Books
- Content Notechiefly Illustrations
- Weight414 g
- Width243 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 6
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.