Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.85Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShakespeare For Dummies is exquisite. -from the Foreword by Dame Judi Dench, star of Mrs. Brown and Shakespeare in Love What the film Shakespeare in Love has done to make Shakespeare the man accessible to a general audience, this book will do to make Shakespeare the writer enjoyable. -Charlotte J.Headrick, PhD, Professor and Director, Theater Arts, Oregon State University Does the thought of sitting through A Midsummer Night's Dream give you nightmares? Did Romeo and Juliet seem like a foreign film-without the subtitles? As John Doyle and Ray Lischner prove in this uniquely accessible guide, Shakespeare is t only the greatest writer who ever lived, he's also a great entertainer-once you get a handle on his wild plots and witty wordplay. Under their guidance, you'll: *Go inside an Elizabethan theater-and find out how they managed with almost seats, roof and women onstage *Get a handle on Shakespeare's language-including all those racy puns and jokes *Maximize your enjoyment of his plays and poetry *Identify contemporary idioms and phrases that come from Shakespeare's plays *Find Shakespeare festivals and performances in your area *Catch ten of the best show ever made of the Bard's plays and meet ten of the greatest Shakespearean actors of all time In simple, straightforward language, this friendly guide eases you into the wild, wonderful world of Shakespeare. With the help of snappy summaries and scorecards that help you keep track of who's who, who's in love with whom, and who's killed whom in every play, it helps you: *Understand Shakespeare the person, his life and times and what makes him so special *Make sense of Shakespearean language and why it sounds the way it does *Get the inside track on the kinds of stories, characters and settings found in Shakespeare's plays *Appreciate Shakespeare's sonnets and other n-dramatic poetry A royal feast for the head and heart, Shakespeare's works have been thrilling audiences for four centuries, as they will four hundred years from w. Now let Shakespeare For Dummies help you to enjoy one the world's great literary treasures.
- Author BiographyAbout the Authors John Doyle, former artistic director of four renowned theater companies in Britain, has directed more than 160 professional productions, including Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, Macbeth, and Much Ado About Nothing. Ray Lischner helped form TACIT (Theater Arts at the California Institute of Technology) and participated in every production. He has performed in several Shakespeare plays, including Romeo and Juliet, The Two Gentlemen of Verona, and Titus Andronicus.
- Author(s)John Doyle,Ray Lischner
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication16/04/1999
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight573 g
- Width185 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.