All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlongside Spenser, Sidney and the early Donne, Shakespeare is the major poet of the 16th century, largely because of the status of his remarkable sequence of sonnets. Professor Cousins' new book is the first comprehensive study of the Sonnets and narrative poems for over a decade. He focuses in particular on their exploration of self-kwledge, sexuality, and death, as well as on their ambiguous figuring of gender. Throughout he provides a comparative context, looking at the work of Shakespeare's contemporaries. The relation between Shakespeare's n-dramatic verse and his plays is also explored.
- Author BiographyA. D. Cousins is Professor of English at Macquarie University.
- Author(s)A. D. Cousins
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/12/1999
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleLongman Mediaeval & Renaissance Library
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight674 g
- Width140 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.