All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you believe, like Gary Taylor, that Shakespeare cant claim any unique command of theatrical resources, longevity, or reach of reputation, depth or range of style, universality or comprehensiveness, or you agree with Harold Bloom, who considers the Bard an international possession, transcending nations, languages, and professions, you will find Shakespeare and Mirities an indispensable guide to mirity presence in modern Shakespearean interpretation in an age of competing critical philosophies. In one volume, Kujoory has contained warring critics-from feminists to Marxists, New Historicists to Cultural Materialists, Foucauldians to Bahktinians-and created a guide to the presence of mirities in Shakespearean criticism. Critical thought on women, blacks, Jews, homosexuals, slaves, and the oppressed and underprivileged is referenced in over 900 entries. Books, articles, book chapters, reviews, tes and critics' correspondence are among the materials used by Kujoory as she sifts through various disciplines-history, sociology, philosophy, psychology, and anthropology, to name a few-to gather the most relevant and scholarly close readings of plays. A ground-breaking work, this book is a must-have for every reference library. Title, name, and subject indexes.
- Author BiographyParvin Kujoory has taught at universities in Texas, Washington, D.C., and overseas. Most recently she was at the Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. She has published several articles on British and comparative literature in European and American professional journals, as well as authoring Black Slavery in America: An Annotated Mediagraphy (Scarecrow Press, 1995). Bruce T. Sajdak is a reference librarian at Smith College and American Co-editor of the The Annual Bibliography of English Language & Literature .
- Author(s)Bruce T. Sajdak,Parvin Kujoory
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication20/12/2000
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight576 g
- Width141 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.