Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.64Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by lilaboti2011
- Est. delivery by 1 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe companion screenplay to the acclaimed Miramax/Universal/Bedford Falls Company Film starring Gwyneth Paltrow, Joseph Fiennes, Ben Affleck, Geoffrey Rush, Colin Firth, and Dame Judy Dench.It is the summer of 1593, and the rising young star of London's theater scene, Will Shakespeare, faces a scourge like other: a paralyzing bout of writer's block. The great Elizabethan age of entertainment unfolds around him, but Will is without inspiration, he just can't seem to work up any enthusiasm for his latest play, Romeo and Ethel, the Pirate's Daughter. What he needs is a muse.She appears when Lady Viola, desperate to become an actor in a time when women are forbidden on stage, disguises herself as a man to audition for Will's play. But the guise slips away as their passion ignites. Now Will's quill again begins to flow, turning love into words, as Viola becomes his real-life Juliet and Romeo finds his reason to exist.
- Author BiographyTom Stoppard's work includes Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, The Real Inspector Hound, Jumpers, Travesties, Night and Day, Every Good Boy Deserves Favour, After Magritte, Dirty Linen, The Real Thing, Hapgood, Arcadia, Indian Ink, The Invention of Love, the trilogy The Coast of Utopia and Rock 'n' Roll. His radio plays include If You're Glad I'll Be Frank, Albert's Bridge, Where Are They Now?, Artist Descending a Staircase, The Dog It Was That Died, In the Native State and Darkside (incorporating Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon). Television work includes Professional Foul, Squaring the Circle and Parade's End. His film credits include Empire of the Sun, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, which he also directed, Shakespeare in Love, Enigma and Anna Karenina.
- Author(s)Marc Norman,Tom Stoppard
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication15/02/1999
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Note25 b&w halftones
- Weight145 g
- Width125 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Foreword byTom Stoppard,Marc Norman
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.