All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe performers interviewed represent a Who's Who of stage and screen actors (between them they have seventeen Oscar minations), and range across all generations. They include Judi Dench talking about her acclaimed Juliet in Franco Zeffirelli's 1960 production; Ian McKellen whose Macbeth at the RSC in the 1970s is still considered iconic; Helen Mirren who has played Cleopatra three times; Kevin Spacey bringing an American perspective to playing Richard II; and Jude Law on his Hamlet, which was a hit in the West End and on Broadway in 2009. Also interviewed are Brian Cox, Ralph Fiennes, Rebecca Hall, Derek Jacobi, Adrian Lester, Tim Pigott-Smith, Patrick Stewart and Penelope Wilton. Each actor talks through their role, scene by scene, with refreshing candour and in forensic detail. The result is a mini masterclass in playing that role, aimed at other actors, students of Shakespeare, and audiences of the plays.
- Author BiographyJULIAN CURRY is an actor, best known for his role as Claude Erskine-Brown in Rumpole of the Bailey on television. He has acted widely in Shakespeare, frequently with the Royal Shakespeare Company. He now lives in Italy.
- Author(s)Julian Curry
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Content Noteports.
- Weight417 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.