All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShakespeare is a cultural phemen and arguably the most rewned playwright in history. In this edited collection, Shellard and Keenan bring together a collection of essays from international scholars that examine the direct and indirect ecomic and cultural impact of Shakespeare in the marketplace in the UK and beyond. From the marketing of Shakespeare's plays on and off stage, to the wider impact of Shakespeare in fields such as education, and the commercial use of Shakespeare as a brand in the advertising and tourist industries, this volume makes an important contribution to our understanding of the Shakespeare industry 400 years after his death. With a foreword from the celebrated cultural ecomist Bru Frey and nine essays exploring the cultural and ecomic impact of Shakespeare in his own day and the present, Shakespeare's Cultural Capital forms a unique offering to the study of cultural ecomics and Shakespeare.
- Author BiographyProfessor Dominic Shellard is the vice-chancellor of De Montfort University, Leicester, UK and an expert on post-war British Theatre. He is the author of nine books and the leader of the British Library Theatre Archive Project. He authored the Arts Council England project Economic Impact Study of UK Theatre and An Economic Impact Study of Welsh National Opera within Wales. Dr Siobhan Keenan is a reader in Shakespeare and Renaissance Literature at De Montfort University, Leicester, UK. She has published widely on early modern theatre history and is the author of several books, including Travelling Players in Shakespeare's England (Palgrave Macmillan, 2002) and Acting Companies and Their Plays in Shakespeare's London.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/03/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight383 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDominic Shellard,Siobhan Keenan
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.