All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1598, Lady Anne Clifford wrote a letter to her father that featured a beautifully painted border. Inspired by that Shakespearian-era design, Jane Nicholas has created her own embroidery, stitched on ivory silk satin in stumpwork. It showcases 14 assorted flowers and fruits popular at the time, from the Apothecary rose, borage, heartsease, and periwinkle to redcurrants, barberries, plums, and strawberries. Use the border to surround a mirror or enclose a special photograph, mogram, or treasured memento.
- Author BiographyJane Nicholas has worked in the field of embroidery for over twenty years, specialising in stumpwork and goldwork embroidery. She has written five books and has contributed widely to journals and magazines. She teaches widely for Embroiderers' Guilds and businesses in Australia, New Zealand and the United States, and continues to research and develop new techniques, particularly in stumpwork.
- Author(s)Jane Nicholas
- PublisherSally Milner Publishing Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationBinda
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSally Milner Publishing Pty Ltd
- Content Note150 colour illustrations
- Weight1168 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine22 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.