All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShakespeare's Theater: A Sourcebook brings together in one volume the most significant Elizabethan and Jacobean texts on the morality of the theater. * A collection of the most significant Elizabethan and Jacobean texts on the morality of the theater. * Includes attacks on the stage by moralists, defences by actors and playwrights, letters by magistrates, mayors and aldermen of London, and extracts from legislation. * Demonstrates just how heated debates about the theater became in the late sixteenth and early seventeenth centuries. * A general introduction and short prefaces to each piece situate the writers and debates in the literary, social, political and religious history of the time. * Brings together in one volume texts that would otherwise be hard to locate. * Student-friendly - uses modern spelling and includes vocabulary glosses and antation.
- Author BiographyTanya Pollard is Assistant Professor of English at Montclair State University in New Jersey.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/12/2003
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note0
- Weight534 g
- Width155 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byTanya Pollard
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.