All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionShakespeare's Villains is a close reading of Shakespeare's plays to investigate the nature of evil. Charney closely considers the way that dramatic characters are developed in terms of language, imagery, and nverbal stage effects. With chapters on Iago, Tarquin, Aaron, Richard Duke of Gloucester, Shylock, Claudius, Polonius, Macbeth, Edmund, Goneril, Regan, Angelo, Tybalt, Don John, Iachimo, Lucio, Julius Caesar, Leontes, and Duke Frederick, this book is the first comprehensive study of the villains in Shakespeare.
- Author BiographyMaurice Charney has written books on Shakespeare since the 1960's. He retired from Rutgers University as a distinguished professor and was President of both the Shakespeare Association of America and the Academy of Literary Studies. In 1989 he was awarded the medal of the city of Tours in France.
- Author(s)Maurice Charney
- PublisherFairleigh Dickinson University Press
- Date of Publication03/05/2013
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationCranbury
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFairleigh Dickinson University Press
- Weight245 g
- Width153 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.