All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionShanghai is an architectural phemen - it has more skyscrapers than New York, yet the important buildings from the 1920s and 30s have been preserved - a place where traditional culture rests easily alongside modern aesthetics. Shanghai Architecture is a superbly illustrated volume that takes readers on a fascinating journey through the history of the city - from the original walled enclave through the era of foreign settlements, to the steel and glass high-rises of the modern city.Organised into nine sections, each focusing on an important area of the city, and featuring little-kw historic details and anecdotes about the area, this is an essential guide to discovering what makes Shanghai one of the most dynamic and vibrant cities in the world.This book provides a fascinating journey through the unique architectural heritage of one of the world's most dynamic and vibrant cities.
- Author BiographyAnne Warr is an acclaimed architect and academic. She is also a founder member of Explore Shanghai Heritage - a group dedicated to raising awareness of the city's unique architectural heritage.
- Author(s)Anne Warr
- PublisherWatermark Press
- Date of Publication23/01/2008
- Series TitleWatermark Architectural Guides
- Place of PublicationBalmain, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintWatermark Press
- Content Notecol. photographs
- Weight812 g
- Width135 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.