All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing photography as a language, Shann Ebner (born 1971) examines the signs, symbols, letters, words and graphical icons we encounter in the world. Auto Body Collision documents Ebner's most recent ongoing project, a multipart series of photographs that began on a trip to Italy in 2014. Ebner has been collecting language taken from signs, seeking out repetitions of terms such as Auto Body Collision and Automotive. In dissecting found language and coupling it with her own, Ebner establishes connections between the terms auto, body, motive and collision. The themes of Ebner's new work include the circulatory and the network, performance and its relationship to the body, and collision, in terms both literal and conceptual.
Auto Body Collision, designed in collaboration with the artist, includes more than 150 never-before-published photographs, as well as essays by Alex Klein, Tina Kukielski and Mark Owens.
- PublisherCarnegie Museum of Art,U.S.
- Date of Publication27/10/2015
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCarnegie Museum of Art,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight585 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.