All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.91
About this product
- DescriptionShann's Backyard, Book Five, can be enjoyed as a stand alone story. The adventure is designed to be acted, read aloud or enjoyed as a quiet fun read. Shann introduces new friends and gets help from some old friends. They celebrate her neighbour's birthday. The joy she shares is like warm sunshine in the spring, It touches everyone around her and includes them in the fun. Not all things go as planned. Life lessons are learned and problems are solved.
- Author BiographyCharles LaBelle is a grandfather, storyteller, and author who uses childhood memories to create the Jake Series and the Shannon's Backyard Series of sixty illustrated children's books. Dyslexia shaped his life. Writing stories would never have happened without encouragement. His first story about a boy and his dog won first prize in a writing contest conducted by the Humane Society. His grade three teacher gave him an A in a story about atomic bomb survivors in a bank vault. This encouragement allowed him to continue believing he could write a story. Working as a heavy construction surveyor, real-estate developer and business owner, not much time was spent writing. During that time, however, he took short story and screen writing courses and noticed the same repeated mistakes in spelling and word construction. He was finally diagnosed as a dyslexic . . . not a stupid person! What a joy! This new understanding moved him to study neuroscience. He is convinced that the human brain can change and be improved. His own efforts in that direction have given him new abilities, new typing skills, improved organizational abilities, and working speed. Charles believes that ENCOURAGEMENT and PRAISE shape a child's future, That problems can be recognized and overcome, that reading, writing, storytelling, singing, poetry, and acting can be part of every child's life. Parents, professionals, and siblings can make it happen. His primary goal is to encourage all children to embrace their imagination . . . to have fun . . . to nurture their creativity by reading to themselves and to groups . . . to have the confidence to ask adults to read to them . . . to ask other children to read with them . . . to act out stories, to make music, sing songs, dance, and recite poetry. He believes that a story can include opportunities for a child to have fun and do new things. New things change a child's brain. The child will develop new skills. When creative stories become a part of a child's life! Confidence will grow! Positive changes will happen!
- Author(s)Charles J Labelle
- PublisherJake Stories Publishing
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJake Stories Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jake Stories Publishing
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.