Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionWe are increasingly under pressure to improve our physical appearance and there is the additional, and perhaps even more serious, pressure placed on us by the current 'obesity epidemic'. Put simply, many of us need to lose weight in order to enjoy a healthy and longer life. The problem is that the majority of advice that we receive does t take into account our body type (broadly, there are three for men and four for women), which is the single biggest factor on our body shape. Unless we have an understanding of this then there is little prospect of seeing any results from time spent in the gym, matter how much effort we put in. This book explains the concept of body shape, helping the reader to: identify their body type and shape, set realistic goals for that body shape, develop a programme suited to their body shape, work out what is best to eat for their body type. Not only does this guarantee results, but it also helps the reader to appreciate their own physique and what they can achieve, rather than constantly comparing themselves to an unattainable ideal.
- Author BiographyJohn Shepherd is a qualified coach in a number of sports and coaches athletes to Olympic standard. He is also a sports journalist, writing for a number of health and fitness magazines. He has written two leading titles for A&C Black: Ultrafit and The Complete Guide to Sports Training.
- Author(s)John Shepherd
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date10/11/2016
- Content NoteFull colour photographs and illustrations
- Weight350 g
- Width180 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.