All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an in-depth and insightful study of Shari'ah governance from a theoretical and practical perspective. Shari'ah governance has a profound influence on the day-to-day practice of Islamic Financial Institutions (IFIs) and each jurisdiction has adopted a different approach to developing a governance framework. Hasan Zulkifli reviews these pluralistic approaches and identifies best practice. It comes with examples, case studies and practical discussions based on IFIs in the UK, Malaysia and the GCC countries of Bahrain, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. The topics covered include: the theory behind corporate and Shari'ah governance; the regulatory framework for Shari'ah governance; Shari'ah governance approaches; the Shari'ah Board's role and how it retains its independence, transparency and competence; the operational procedures of Shari'ah governance; and, the effectiveness of the Shari'ah Board and how it could be improved.
- Author BiographyZulkifli Hasan is Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Shari'ah and Law at the Islamic Science University of Malaysia.
- Author(s)Zulkifli Hasan
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication26/07/2012
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleEdinburgh Guides to Islamic Finance
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight386 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Series Edited byRodney Wilson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.