Sharing Mary: Bible and Qur'an Side by Side by Marlies Ter Borg, IKON (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.23Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $66.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA n-partial anthology of Bible and Qur'an stories: timely, unique and astonishing. John Esposito. Symbolized by Mary, the Jewish mother of Jesus loved by Christians and Muslims alike, this rare anthology seeks for common ground in a time of conflict. Placing verses from Bible and Qur'an Side by Side, it shows the Holy Books' commonalities in the stories of Adam in the Garden of Eden; Noah and the Great Flood; David and Goliath and many more. Controversial topics - the subservience of women, war and crime- are t shunned, but the focus is on shared human values. Even God and Allah are shown to have many attributes in common. Illustrated- for a n-illustrated version see Qur'an and Bible Side by Side A compassionate contribution...preferring dialogue to strife and refusing to claim superiority or blame the 'other' side. Ruud Lubbers A peer reviewed book. Recommended for lower-level undergraduates through graduate student and general readers. Prof. M. Swartz, Choice, Current Reviews for Academic Libraries, .. .invaluable contribution to dialogue especially that between Islam and Christianity. Muhammad Khan, Muslim News, UK, Written, t in a polemic spirit of proving one religion to be superior to ather, but in the spirit of reconcilliation... Simon Ross Valentine, Church Times, UK .. .Sharing Mary must be praised for its vel approach...(it) succeeds in awakening curiosity. Diego A Sarrio, Washington, Islam and Christian-Muslim Relations, January 2011 An important anthology... supported by carefully formulated comments by competent Islamic and Christian academics... the stories are shown, in their subtle differences, to possess a spiritual commonality. Revd. Dr Reinhardt Kiste, Dialog der Religionen.
- Author BiographyMarlies ter Borg, a Dutch free lance philosopher and bridgebuilder does not profess to a particular faith allowing for a non-partial perspective. For Sharing Mary she cooperated with several experts from Muslim, Christian and secular backgrounds from various countries: -prof dr. Andrew Rippin -prof. dr. Khaled Abou El Fadl -rabbi Awraham Soetendorp -dr. Barbara Stowasser -dr Nur Moch Ichwann -prof. dr Mehmet Pacaci - prof. dr Herman Beck - prof dr Martha Frederiks -Karin Bisschop, www.muslima.ca
- Author(s)IKON,Marlies Ter Borg
- Date of Publication12/07/2010
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note12 black/white illustrations
- Weight621 g
- Width173 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Introduction byAndrew Rippin
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.