All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDecentralisation and good local governance are often identified as necessary precursors to effective pro-poor development work. In this publication, the authors examine case studies from the work of Swiss development organisation Helvetas and its local partners in the Philippines, Cameroon, Mali, Vietnam and Guatemala to show how context specific initiatives have driven greater decentralisation and more effective local governance. It also describes how these experiences can be built upon to influence national policy and legislative reform for decentralisation and governance.
- Author BiographyKarin Fueg works for Helvetas with a focus on civil society and state institution building.
- Author(s)Karin Fueg,Lilith Schaerer
- PublisherPractical Action Publishing
- Date of Publication22/08/2007
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleExperience and Learning in International Co-operation
- Place of PublicationRugby
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPractical Action Publishing
- Content Note2 black & white line drawings, 14 black & white halftones
- Weight192 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.