All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAbout 60 years ago, a cartel of oil companies was in a position to dictate its conditions to oil-producing states. The creation of OPEC, and the improvements in contracts greatly helped to rebalance the conditions of the sharing of the oil rent. Today, producer states can obtain contractual terms and settings that favorably improve their share of the rent, provided they analyze their objectives and their strengths. This book describes the evolution of the oil rent-sharing mechanisms over the years including how the upstream exploration-production industry functions and the three types of oil rent. It clarifies the issue of reserves, both from the tech-ecomic and the political aspects. It describes the two main contractual forms that a producer state can use when dealing with an international oil company, the organizational choices offered to a producer state trying to maximize its underground hydrocarbon potential, the historical developments of contractual modalities, and some recommendations to states on the pros and cons of various contractual options. This book will be useful to readers willing to understand the issues linked to oil-rent sharing as well as to professionals (education, industry) who want to develop and deepen their kwledge of the subject.
- Author BiographyGilles Darmois is professor at IFP Training and an independent oil and gas consultant. He spent a large part of his professional life in a major international oil company, where he held senior management positions, both in exploration and production subsidiaries and at the head office. In these positions, he negotiated production-sharing contracts and managed the everyday petroleum operations. At the head office, he participated in negotiations with states and contributed to defining company strategy. As a consultant, he provides help to states on the definition of their oil and gas policies, as well as on their organization in this sector. In IFP Training, his lectures include petroleum contracts and petroleum audits. He is an expert in the think tank Terra Nova and keeps a blog on energy: gillesdarmois.blog.lemonde.fr (in French).
- Author(s)Gilles Darmois
- PublisherNot Avail
- Date of Publication24/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNot Avail
- Weight204 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.