Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge Burgess of the International Shark Attack File (ISAF) defines a shark attack as any directed action by a shark that either results in contact with a human, or would have done if the human didn't take evasive action. In the 54 pages of Shark Attack Britain , Richard Peirce mentions over twenty shark/human interaction incidents. Some of these fit the ISAF definition, others involve shark bites in a toilet, a pub, a van and a restaurant! Human deaths caused by sharks are described as an incident when a basking shark suicide bomber blew up the Royal Navy. Richard Peirce's earlier book Sharks in British Seas introduced many to animals they hadn't realised existed in Britain's waters, his latest offering shines the light of reality into the greyness of an area always beset by confusion.
- Author(s)Richard Peirce
- PublisherShark Cornwall
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationCrooklets
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShark Cornwall
- Content NoteCol photos
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.