All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the tiny cookiecutter to the great white, the world's oceans are home to hundreds of species of marvelous and mysterious sharks. There's the giant whale shark - longer than two school buses but gentle eugh to swim with humans; and the swell shark, which can wedge itself into a hideout and then swell so that it cant be pulled out. There are sharks that lay eggs and sharks that have live babies. Some are small eugh to fit into the palm of your hand, and some have teeth bigger than your fist. Join acclaimed author Laurence Pringle on a fascinating exploration of the wide variety of fish classified as sharks. Together with Meryl Henderson's beautiful and realistic illustrations, young readers will be taken on an unforgettable journey deep under the sea.
- Author BiographyLaurence Pringle has written more than ninety books for children and young adults. He has always been interested in the natural world and studied wildlife conservation at Cornell University. Meryl Henderson has illustrated many books for children in her twenty-five year career, one of her most recent being Bats! Strange and Wonderful also written by Laurence Pringle.
- Author(s)Laurence Pringle
- PublisherBoyds Mills Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationHonesdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoyds Mills Press
- Content Notefull colour illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width254 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Meryl Henderson
- Interest Age6-9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.