All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany consider the Battle of Midway to have turned the tide of the Pacific War. It is without question one of the most famous battles in history. Now, for the first time since Gordon W. Prange's bestselling Miracle at Midway, Jonathan Parshall and Anthony Tully offer a new interpretation of this great naval engagement. Unlike previous accounts, Shattered Sword makes extensive use of Japanese primary sources. It also corrects the many errors of Mitsuo Fuchida's Midway: The Battle That Doomed Japan, an uncritical reliance upon which has tainted every previous Western account. It thus forces a major, potentially controversial reevaluation of the great battle. The authors examine the battle in detail and effortlessly place it within the context of the Imperial Navy's doctrine and techlogy. With a foreword by leading WWII naval historian John Lundstrom, Shattered Sword will become an indispensable part of any military buff's library. Winner of the 2005 John Lyman Book Award for the Best Book in U.S. Naval History and cited by Proceedings as one of its Notable Naval Books for 2005.
- Author BiographyJonathan Parshall and Anthony Tully are widely published on military history in journals and magazines and on Parshall's award-winning website on the Imperial Navy, www.combinedfleet.com. Parshall lives in Minneapolis and Tully in Dallas.
- Author(s)Anthony Tully,Jon Parshall
- PublisherPotomac Books Inc
- Date of Publication14/02/2008
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationDulles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPotomac Books Inc
- Content Note38 b&w photos, 33 maps, 36 figures, 36 tables
- Weight1315 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.